• Philly Talk - We have something to say.
  • It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 pm
PhillyTalk.com Forums

1210 am should have more women on air

All about Talk Radio in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. Companion forum to PhillyTalk.com

Postby Susan Bray » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:25 pm

Checking out Surf's site I saw the new lineup on WPHT. The only woman gets 2 miserable hours when most people are asleep. Shame on you programmers! Good luck to Michael I'm sure he'll be terrific in the mornings. About time 1210 went back to "live and local" in the mornings. Still loving Australia. You are all invited to come visit my B&B in Mudgee N.S.W. Great wine, beautiful views, lovely weather{no snow}
Susan Bray

Postby SurveyGuy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:50 pm

Aw, Susan, you know Rollye likes it that way. :rolleyes: She is definitely not a day person. But you are right -- no female voices during the day! Interestingly, she has three hours syndicated, but the first hour is not on WPHT.

Does your B&B have a name? You should take some digital pics and have them posted on http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ where they have lots of B&Bs in Australia.

And I do love Australian wines, especially Wyndam Estates Shiraz among many. :P

Good to hear from you. You are like an old friend -- or should I say, a friend of long standing, who has moved to a distant location, for many here in the Delaware Valley.
"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election." G. Orwell (from "Power")
SurveyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

Postby exile » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:17 pm

There are the two chicks (sorry not pc) on Sundays, however they are a couple of freakin libs and their show is putrid.

:ph34r:
exile

Postby SCRONGUE » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:14 am

I wish I was in Australia....hearing crocs chomping on tourists or kangaroos having sex would be better to listen to than Philly talk radio these days. Really miss the old days of WWDB - radio that had no infomercials, no set agenda, and interesting hosts offering DIFFERENT views - Irv Homer, Bernie Herman, Dom Quinn, Dr. Jim, Susan Bray, Tom Marr, Bernie McKane(sp?) but NOT Dom Giordano - didn't like him then and can't stand him now. Rollye is the ONLY decent thing on WPHT and they don't even air her whole show. The station is a joke. Oh, and EXILE is right - the only word that can be used to describe those two women on Sundays is PUTRID.
SCRONGUE

Postby EK » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:49 pm

Speaking professionally as critic, I could not stand Susan Bray as host: the voice, the hammering style, the talk that went nowhere. As for gender and hosts, I see no issue. If a person is good, he or she is good. All male, all women: as long as they are good osts, with ability to handle callers and with sincerity, with a gread deal of intelligence or little intelligence even, that person will be a good talk show host. Right now, I lament only the one station. the best on there are Rolleye and Dom.
EK

Postby radiojockey » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:36 pm

there is a lady name laurie ingram a blond ,smart,good ,funny ,and she is better then 90%of the men . her counter parts . and there was a gram-mom type on a small station i forget the name ,and granny but she was only for the right ,so she was a discrace,and in my opion judy from the dennis and judy show . is good .she is on 101.5 fm from 10:00am to 2:00pm and she would be a good one to bring any where in the world .so we do need more of them . good stuff.
radiojockey

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Just to let you know, actress Jill Whelan just did a few shows on Sundays from 2-4 PM for a few weeks as a tryout. Don't know if she will be a regular host on the station.
Jim

Re: 1210 am should have more women on air

Postby PGB » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm

After all this time people STILL ask about Susan Bray.

Here's an article on the B&B her and Ed run.
http://www.planbooktravel.com.au/travel ... rs-for-two

And the website is here
http://www.ardrossanmudgee.com.au/
PGB
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1210 am should have more women on air

Postby edlou8181 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Susan
Listen to you for years ,must be good there,But when are you coming back so I can listen again to you.
Take care
Ed.
edlou8181

Return to Philly Talk Radio